There’s nothing cozier than snuggling down into bed that has freshly washed sheets. Apart from the softness, the relaxing smell of the sheet instantly lifts your mood. That’s why fabric conditioner is a must add ingredient when it comes to cleaning the bedsheets.
However, those nice smelling fabric conditioners could be dangerous to use. In addition to the fact that they are expensive, here are three reasons why you should immediately get rid of them.
- They contain chemicals that weaken the elasticity of the fabric.
- Phthalates are added to make them smell good. These are hormone-disrupting
substances known to cause allergies, and they are especially harmful to children.
- The chemicals that they release into our water supply are hard to break down.
Did you know there’s a healthier and environment-friendly way to replace your fabric conditioner? You need just one or two ingredients for this DIY recipe, and guess what? there are high chances you already have them in your house!
White wine vinegar is a completely harmless substitute of fabric conditioner. Not only it neutralizes the bad smell caused by bacteria, but it also leaves your machine cleaner. The added advantage is it’s much cheaper.
You can create your own ‘flavor’ of the softener by adding a few drops of essential oils into it.
- Pour vinegar directly into a spray bottle with the help of a funnel.
- For one cup of vinegar, add 10-15 drops of essential oils.
- Mix the ingredients properly and seal the bottle.
- Before every use, shake the bottle well.
Enjoy the heavenly scent! If you liked the idea, share with your friends too.